Fees are set in accordance with AMA guidelines. Please discuss with your Doctor regarding fees if concerned.
Descriptions Practice Fee Medicare rebate
Standard consultation (<20 minutes) $70 $39.10
Long consultation (>=20 minutes) $105 $75.75
Prolonged consultation (>=40 minutes) $150 $111.50
Different fees apply to after-hour consultations (Saturday after 1pm and Public Holidays).*
East Killara Medical Practice will usually bulk bill consultations for the following patients:
- DVA Card holders
- Children under 12 years. A reduced fee for children between 12-16
- Nursing home residents
- Pension Card holders
- Health Assessments (45-49 year old, over 75 year old health checks)
- Chronic disease management planning
- Patients experiencing genuine financial difficulties
1. Procedure Fee: A procedure fee applies for minor surgery (eg. skin cancer surgery, ingrown toenail surgery, foreign body removal including manual removal of ear wax, laceration repairs and implanon insertion/removal, iron infusion etc). This fee varies depending on the size of the procedure. Please check with your doctor or our receptionist prior to your procedure or treatment if concerned.
2. Home visits: A fee is payable for home visits. This fee may vary depending on the distance the doctor needs to travel. Please enquire with our receptionist or discuss with your doctor for details.
3. Vaccinations (non-scheduled), in-office tests and dressings may incur an additional charge.
4. Repeat Prescriptions and Referrals: if you have been seen by a doctor at the practice within 3 months, prescriptions and referrals may be provided on your request. Please allow 24 hours for these to be processed. Your doctor may call you to confirm.
We kindly ask that all accounts be settled on the day of consultation.